Navajo Princess x Substantial Evidence
This has been a very rewarding area of breeding for me and has given me many good seedlings, as well as much good information to apply to my tetraploid program. I have grown Navajo Princess since the mid-1990s. It was the first "more expensive" daylily I ever purchased (I paid $35.00 for it at that time). I simply fell in love with the eye, the color combination and the gorgeous green throat! I have never fallen out of love with it and I can be just as excited by it today as I was two decades ago. It has done well here all that time, though it has shown some problems in the last few years when we have had exceptionally bad winters. With that said though, it is still here, still surviving and increasing. It just showed a good deal of damage in the early part of the year after those bad winters and the early (first round) of scapes were problematic, short and with a lot of bud damage. However, on rebloom it looks good and there is a rebloom scape going strong in my aunt's yard right now, as of this writing (09/09/2018). However, the tetraploid conversion that I had purchased in the fall of 2016 died during the winter of 2017/18. Luckily, it had bloomed in the spring of 2017 and I did get a good number of pods from its pollen over some of my very best tet seedlings. I also got good germination on these and so will have the Navajo Princess genetics at the tet level in my program to work with in the future. So now, on to the amazing seedlings I have gotten at the dip level through crossing Navajo Princess with the amazing Substantial Evidence... Click on the images to see larger versions. This will make reading the text on the multi-image slides easier.